- This course has passed.
Ski / Snowboard Tuning
Students will learn the skills and traits needed to be successful in world of ski and board tuning. Featuring state-of-the-art machinery and techniques and using multiple snow sport industry approaches, students will learn how to diagnose, evaluate and generate solutions to tuning needs and situations. Students will use multiple techniques and machinery to be competent in all aspect of tuning.
As part of the course, students will create a basic small business plan to understand small business management in order to be successful in tuning careers or to help them start their own shop.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Outline safety equipment and procedures necessary in a ski/board shop
- Explain construction and materials used in manufacturing skis/board.
- Discuss use of glues versus epoxies
- Demonstrate repairing damaged skis/boards
- Demonstrate tuning skis/boards for performance
- Demonstrate basic binding mounting techniques
- Discuss profit and loss considerations in operating a ski/board repair shop
To safely and knowledgeable tune, repair and mount ski and snowboards with a strong understanding of client interaction and business needs in the Tuning environment. Students become competent in all aspect of ski and snowboard tuning by using multiple techniques and machinery.
SINGLE COURSE COSTS
(for non-Mountain Sport Technician Program Students)
|Course Tuition Fee International||$1,750 CAD|
|Course Tuition Fee Locals||$1,250 CAD|
|Course Material Fees|
LENGTH OF COURSE STUDY