- This course has passed.
Immigrant Peer Education Program (IPEP)
December 3, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am PST
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Tuesday, repeating until December 3, 2019
Train to be an Immigrant Peer Educator; practice your English, build your Canadian experience, develop skills for work and life, meet new people, and contribute to your community.
Join the program: 8 sessions, 2 hours a week to:
- improve your listening, speaking and English communication skills
- build your knowledge of life in Canada
- learn about services, resources and programs in Whistler from local guest
- build a network with other immigrants
You’ll learn about:
- culture shock, depression, discrimination
- how to solve conflicts with landlords or employers
- children and women’s health issues
- education or career planning in Canada
- local resources and services
After the program, trained Immigrant Peer Educators are invited to come together, in February and May, with former program graduates to connect with one another and discover how others are working as Peer Educators in our community:
- supporting others in the community as a Peer Educator
- giving us feedback on what issues immigrants are facing, and what services and
programs they need.
The Immigrant Peer Educator program is FREE.
Eight consecutive Tuesdays, October 15 – December 3, 9am – 11am
At Whistler Welcome Centre at Whistler Public Library
Registration and more information: Contact Izumi at email@example.com 604.698.5960