- This course has passed.
Home Mechanic Wheels Course
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
One event on June 29, 2019 at 9:00am
“Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt, bzzt”. What the heck is that sound and why won’t it go away? Yep, that annoying tire rub sound is your bike trying to tell you something is failing and you need to stop and investigate! Is your wheel loose, or maybe your hub bearings? Or is your tire about to have a blowout sale and spray you with tire sealant?
This one day Home Mechanic Wheels Course looks at everything related to wheels and how to maintain them, diagnose and repair them, both at home and on the trail, to keep you safe and your bike running smoothly. Whether mtb or road, the same principles apply throughout this course, so if the road is more your thing, we’ve got you covered too.
The depth of each topic will be tailored to each students’ needs and comfort levels, so if you’re just starting out we’ll ensure you know the basics, and if you want to get more in-depth we’ll keep you challenged there too. Each course will combine approximately 25% lecture time, 25% demonstration time, and 50% practical application time.
- Introduction of wheels, their components and names
- Review of wheel, hub and frame sizing standards
- Wheel Removal and installation – different axles and how they function
- Tire removal and installation
- Tire selection – treads, casings, rubber compounds
- Tubeless tire setup – tape, valves, sealants, compressed air
- Trailside flat tire repair, including tubeless tire plugging
- Hubs – inspection, adjustment, bearing service and replacement
- Spokes and nipples – types, inspection, replacement
- Rims – inspection, standards, types
- Wheel truing – the four elements of wheel truing
- Practice time
- Trailside applications and tools
Date: 2019-06-02: 9am-3pm OR 2019-06-29: 9am-3pm
Fees: Course Tuition Fee $167 CAD, Material Fee: $25 CAD
Register and learn more: https://whistleradventureschool.com/course/home-mechanic-wheels/