- This course has passed.
Home Mechanic Suspension Course
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
Have you ever wondered what goes on inside your suspension? Wondered what all the dials and valves and tokens do? Want to feel confident setting up and maintaining your suspension to get the most out of it? This rider-oriented course walks you through the ins and outs of mountain bike suspension, letting you get more out of your bike and ride with more control and confidence.
This home mechanic oriented course will cover various aspects of suspension setup, maintenance and service. Topics will include initial setup, external controls and their functions, and then delve into internal adjustments, suspension theory, and maintenance service skills including replacement of splash oil and wiper seals. Additionally, the day will include maintenance of suspension linkage components, including cartridge bearing assessment and replacement, and proper torque settings for pivot hardware.
- Suspension theory and discussion
- Initial suspension setup and tuning tips
- External adjustments and what they do
- Internal adjustments and how to perform them
- Advanced tuning theory – internal controls, re-valving, oil weights
- Fork maintenance skills – removal of fork from bike, removal of lowers
- Wiper seal and lubrication oil replacement
- Rear shock maintenance skills – removal from bike, air can service, DU bushing replacement
- Pivot linkage maintenance – diagnosis and replacement of wear parts, including cartridge bearings
- Application of this knowledge to trail-side adjustments and repairs
Date: 2019-06-23: 9am-3pm
Fees: Course Tuition Fee $167 CAD, Material Fee: $25 CAD
Register and learn more: https://whistleradventureschool.com/course/home-mechanic-suspension/