- This course has passed.
Home Mechanic Drivetrain Course
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
“Click, click, click, click…….” Want to learn how to make that annoying sound disappear without even getting off your bike? Do you know how to tell if your drivetrain is worn out? Maybe you even want to purchase and install a new drivetrain component yourself? Here is the course for you.
In this one day Home Mechanic Drivetrain Course we’ll begin with some basic theory and drivetrain component names and compatibilities, and then get into diagnosing that “click, click, click”, solving that slow and sticky shifting, and how to get maximum performance and lifespan out of your expensive drivetrain components. We’ll also learn and practice selecting, installing and setting up new components when their time comes.
The depth of each topic will be tailored to each students’ needs and comfort levels, so if you’re just starting out we’ll ensure you know the basics, and if you want to get more in-depth we’ll keep you challenged there too. Each course will combine approximately 25% lecture time, 25% demonstration time, and 50% practical application time.
- Drivetrain theory – why we have so many gears
- Component identification and drivetrain terminology
- Learn about individual component functions and features
- System setup, maintenance, problem diagnosis and repair
- How to install and correctly setup each drivetrain component
- Diagnose and repair shifting related issues
- Learn and practice adjusting shifting, adjusting and replacing hangers, replacing cables and housing
- How to replace components and navigating compatibility concerns
- Learn best practices for cleaning, lubing and maintenance of drivetrain components
- Take it to the trail – transfer knowledge and skills to trailside applications
Date: 2019-06-12: 9am-3pm
Fees: Course Tuition Fee $167 CAD, Material Fee: $25 CAD
Register and learn more: https://whistleradventureschool.com/course/home-mechanic-drivetrain/