Standard First Aid & CPR C – Blended Learning
October 20 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
One event on August 25, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on September 8, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on September 9, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on September 29, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on October 6, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on October 17, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on October 20, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on November 17, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on December 8, 2019 at 9:00am
The blended learning option combines online and hands-on learning
Complete self study online, before 1 day of hands-on practical skills and learning.
- Online Self Study – Participants must first complete the self-paced online component, which includes the theory portion of the Standard First Aid Class and written knowledge evaluations of each topic. (This portion must be completed before taking the 1-day course)
- 1-Day Course – Participants need to successfully complete an instructor-led classroom component with skills practice and an evaluation session to receive certification.
Participants should complete the classroom component within six weeks of completing the online component. If the classroom portion is not completed within this time frame, the participant will be required to re-take the course.
The Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid is a comprehensive course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills. The course includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines, and provides added value not offered by other training organizations, including injury prevention content, as well as CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) training.
How to access the online component:
Once you register, you should receive an email from the Canadian Red Cross within 48 hours containing your login details.Please search your inbox for Canadian Red Cross, to ensure this email has not ended up in your junk/spam folder. If you do not receive an email, or you have difficulty accessing the online component via the link provided, please call: 1-877-356-3226 then press 1 to speak with a representative from the Red Cross. You will also receive an email from Whistler First Aid will information on accessing the online component, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please bring proof of completion of the online component (printed) to the classroom session. If you do not have a printer, you can email us your certificate of completion, prior to the start of the classroom day. Please send it as an attachment to: email@example.com, Subject: Your Name; Blended Online Certificate.
Duration: Online self study + 8-hour in-person course
Online sections must be completed prior to course date.
Includes all materials and certification card
Location: 203-1420 Alpha Lake Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
Certification: 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level A, C, or Health Care Providers (HCP), and AED
- Preventing and preparing for emergencies
- The EMS system (Emergency Medical Services) – When and how to access help
- Workplace documentation a how to complete a first aid record
- The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and safety data sheets
- Roles and responsibilities of a First Aid Attendant in the workplace
- Check, call, care
- Airway and breathing emergencies (choking, asthma, hyperventilation, anaphylactic shock)
- Circulation emergencies (life threatening bleeding, heart attack, stroke and shock)
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- CPR and automated external defibrillators (AED’s)
- Wound care
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies – cold/ heat related
- Head and spinal injuries
- How to care for bone muscle and joint injuries
- Online First Aid & CPR Manual
- E-Certification card
This course is equivalent to OFA 1 and accepted by WorkSafe BC. Learn more about certificates accepted in B.C. workplaces as OFA Level 1 equivalents.
2019 August 11, 25
2019 September 8, 9, 29
2019 October 6, 17, 20
2019 November 17
2019 December 8
For more info and to register: https://whistlerfirstaid.ca/events/standard-first-aid-cpr-blended-learning/
Cancellation Policy: https://whistlerfirstaid.ca/cancellation-policy/