- This course has passed.
CORE Hunter Education
May 7 @ 5:00 pm - May 10 @ 5:00 pm PDT
Hunt Safely in BC | Get Certified
- Working Manual
- Pre-Class quiz
- Written exam
- Practical firearm handling exam
- Final grade.
Work Manual and Pre-Class Quiz will be mailed out once registered for a course
May 7-10, 2020
Thursday – 5pm – 9pm
Friday – 5pm – 9pm
Saturday – 5pm – 9pm
Sunday – 9am – 5pm
Topics covered in the CORE include:
• Law and Regulations
• First Aid and Survival
• Firearm Safety
• Animal Identification
• Bird Identification
The Conservation Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE) program is designed for individuals wishing to obtain their first B.C. resident hunting licence. It is offered through a partnership agreement with the Ministry of Environment and the British Columbia Wildlife Federation (BCWF).
The program is useful for anyone interested in outdoor recreation, wildlife and firearms safety. The successful completion of the program is required for B.C. residents at age 18 or over who wish to obtain a B.C. resident hunter number card, and a first B.C. resident hunting licence.
The Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE) Program is British Columbia’s Hunter Education Program. It is also a great program for anyone interested in outdoor recreation.
- Note taking materials (pen and paper).
- Work Manual to be brought each day.
- Completed quiz issued at the time of registration for class. (Be sure to bring this to the first class)
- Completion of the tutorials in the working manuals. These will be reviewed in class.
- Picture identification example; Drivers Licence, BCID, Passport. You must have this with you at registration time when you attend the first session.
- 100% course attendance is required for testing.
- Age 12+ for CORE (written consent from parent/guardian for minors).
- Youth Age 12 -18 require Quiz completed and Marked at least 30 days prior by the instructor to participate in class.
- 100% course participation is required for testing.