Managing Organizational Change (ORGB 2605)
April 2 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT$484.40
This is an introductory course from BCIT in Managing Organizational Change. Students gain an understanding of the concept of change, the necessity for change and an awareness of the impact on change to organizations and individuals. The course also highlights the ways in which change can be successfully brought about in an organization and how to become a successful change agent.
Upon completion of Managing Organizational Change, participants will have learned:
- How to work through many of the concepts of change management.
- The application of these principles relevant to their workplace.
- Approaches to planning, developing, implementing and evaluating change initiatives.
- The application and analysis of various models for change include the development of innovative change processes for practical management situations, and promotion of improvements that allow and enhance a quality focus.
- A focus on improvement and the ability to plan for continuous improvement as a focused means of continually improving services, technology, and products.
- The utilization of alliances, partnerships, and teams in the technological, structural and people-oriented issues in generating organizational outcomes.
- That quality leadership demands constantly monitoring and improving systems and decision-making practices so that internal and external customers are provided with what they want, when and how they want it, and the means to provide input into the overall development of highly efficient systems for feedback and improvement processes.
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by these methods. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 12 week course, Tuesdays, April 2 – June 18, 17:00-20:00
Location: Whistler Chamber of Commerce Boardroom, 201 – 4230 Gateway Drive, Whistler, BC V8E 0Z8
Register: Online – 2 step Process, see below. Registration closes Monday 1st April at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.