- This course has passed.
Organizational Behaviour (ORGB 1105)
September 10 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT$593.18
This course presents the study of factors that either influence or are influenced by people at work. Focuses on macro factors such as organizational structure, technology and environment; group factors such as group dynamics, leadership, conflict, change and decision-making; and individual factors such as personality, attitudes, perception and motivation.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply group behaviour concepts to achieve team outcomes.
- Illustrate the roles of perception, personality, emotions, attitudes and values.
- Compare and contrast motivation theories.
- Differentiate leadership styles and theories.
- Explain the impact of power and politics in the workplace.
- Demonstrate negotiation styles and conflict management techniques.
- Use decision making and problem solving models.
- Analyze various communication techniques and tools.
- Integrate appropriate organizational concepts to facilitate organizational change.
- Apply open systems and contingency theories to understand and determine effective behaviour in a variety of organizational situations.
Read the course outline here
ORGB 1105 is offered as a part of these related programs
Need advice about the right course for you? Contact local Whistler based BCIT Program Analyst: Sonia Dhaliwal
Approved Payment Methods:
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by the following methods: Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 6 week course, Tues/Thurs Evening Classes, September 10 – October 17, 17:00 – 20:00.
Location: Tamwood International College, 301-4204 Village Square, Whistler, BC V8E 1H5
Register: Online – 2 step Process, opens July 2 at noon. Registration closes at 12PM noon on Sept 9. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.
Courses are subject to minimum enrollment. If courses are cancelled or you withdraw, a refund will be issued automatically within 4 weeks. Refunds will be made by cheque and mailed to your address on file. Please ensure BCIT has the correct mailing address. Refund policy: up to 31 days prior to the class start date 100% tuition refund. Up to one week prior to the class start date 85% tuition refund.