- This course has passed.
Project Communication & Team Management (OPMT 2515)
October 18, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT$771.45
Effective management of information and human resources are essential to project success. Project managers spend much of their time communicating with project stakeholders, both internal and external and at all levels of an organization. Effective project communication relies on clearly understanding and responding to project stakeholders’ communication needs. Project team members have varied skill sets, assignments, and time horizons; they also have different needs, perspectives and influences. Building and managing an effective and efficient project team requires careful planning to ensure the right people, with the right skills, are in place at the right time, and that those people are managed effectively throughout their involvement in the project. This course will provide you with the foundational skills to effectively manage project communications and project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the elements of communications management and human resources management and their use in the project context.
- Select appropriate communications management and human resource management tools and techniques for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling a project.
- Manage project communications and human resources by applying appropriate tools and techniques.
- Evaluate stakeholder communication needs by applying appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Describe the dimensions of communication that influence the design of project communications.
- Develop a project communications management plan to ensure that project communications are effectively planned, structured, monitored, and controlled.
- Develop a human resources management plan to ensure a project’s human resources are identified, staffed, managed, and released.
Read the course outline here
OPMT 2515 is offered as a part of these related programs
Prerequisite(s): OPMT 1187 Project Management Essentials
Need advice about the right course for you? Contact local Whistler based BCIT Program Analyst: Sonia Dhaliwal
Approved Payment Methods:
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to email@example.com
- Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by the following methods: Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: Oct 18-20, Nov 22-24. Fridays 3-7pm, Saturdays, Sundays 9-5pm over 2 weekends.
Location: Tamwood International College, 301-4204 Village Square, Whistler, BC V8E 1H5
Register: Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre in person to register for this course: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-932-7600
Registration closes October 7 2019 at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.
Courses are subject to minimum enrollment. If courses are cancelled or you withdraw, a refund will be issued automatically within 4 weeks. Refunds will be made by cheque and mailed to your address on file. Please ensure BCIT has the correct mailing address. Refund policy: up to 31 days prior to the class start date 100% tuition refund. Up to one week prior to the class start date 85% tuition refund.
Employers should investigate the B.C. Employer Training Grant which provides up to 60% e.g. $300 for a $500 course, for employers to support skills training via the federal Workforce Development Agreement (WDA) scheme.
The Community Foundation of Whistler has provided bursaries for residents. Bursaries of $300-500 are administered by Whistler Community Services Society, community members who need financial assistance with fees should request an application form from a WCSS Outreach Worker.