- This course has passed.
Digital Marketing (MKTG 1352)
November 1 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT$626.27
The focus of this Digital Marketing course will be to provide the student with e-Marketing techniques and strategies that can help any forward-thinking organization be competitive in today’s business environment. Key areas that promise to leverage the power of Internet are: customer relationship management (CRM); 1:1 marketing; permission-based e-mail marketing; viral marketing; attributes of a good Website and Website marketing goals; Website promotion/search engine positioning/ranking, and key Internet technologies/terminologies/acronyms.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Analyze any website from the perspective how its user experience supports business goals.
- Articulate how to integrate Internet marketing programs, tactics and strategies into traditional marketing strategies and plans to meet corporate objectives.
- Audit a company’s organic search engine presence and make recommendations to elevate its position for desired keywords.
- Define important Internet Marketing terminology and acronyms.
- Measure the effectiveness of various Digital Marketing channels, such as website performance, email and PPC advertising.
- Use email marketing to build programs that drive awareness, as well as loyalty and retention.
- Utilize paid search engine marketing programs to drive qualified traffic to an organization’s website.
Read the course outline here
MKTG 1352 is offered as a part of these related programs
Need advice about the right course for you? Contact local Whistler based BCIT Program Analyst: Sonia Dhaliwal
Approved Payment Methods:
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by the following methods: Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: NEW Dates: Nov 1-3, 15-17. Fridays 3-7pm, Saturdays, Sundays 9-5pm over 2 weekends. (Previously scheduled for Oct 25-27, Nov 8-10)
Location: Tamwood International College, 301-4204 Village Square, Whistler, BC V8E 1H5
Register: Online – 2 step Process, opens July 2 at noon. Registration closes Oct 31 at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.
Courses are subject to minimum enrollment. If courses are cancelled or you withdraw, a refund will be issued automatically within 4 weeks. Refunds will be made by cheque and mailed to your address on file. Please ensure BCIT has the correct mailing address. Refund policy: up to 31 days prior to the class start date 100% tuition refund. Up to one week prior to the class start date 85% tuition refund.
Employers should investigate the B.C. Employer Training Grant which provides up to 60% e.g. $300 for a $500 course, for employers to support skills training via the federal Workforce Development Agreement (WDA) scheme.
The Community Foundation of Whistler has provided bursaries for residents. Bursaries of $300-500 are administered by Whistler Community Services Society, community members who need financial assistance with fees should request an application form from a WCSS Outreach Worker.