- This course has passed.
Accounting for the Manager (FMGT 1152)
September 9, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT$596.62
Note that due to low enrolment we are not currently able to deliver this course as scheduled, if you are interested in taking this course please contact the Whistler Learning Centre. Should we receive sufficient inquiries before September 2nd we will reinstate or reschedule the course.
Covers the accounting function and the services it provides to the manager. Topics include how to interpret statements, reports, budgets, etc., in managerial decision-making. For students pursuing the Associate Certificate in Financial Planning, this course is a Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC®) pre-approved Core Curriculum program and meets Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) program academic requirements. For further information about earning the CFP designation, please visit www.fpsc.ca/beaplanner/
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to understand:
- Differentiate the role of financial accounting from managerial accounting.
- Interpret accounting and its relationship to shareholder value and corporate governance.
- Demonstrate accounting and financial transactions within an accounting and information system.
- Construct and differentiate various financial reports.
- Interpret financial reports and alternative perspectives.
- Use accounting information for management and inventory control.
- Demonstrate capital budgeting techniques.
- Prepare operating budgets and differentiate various budgetary controls.
- Carry out a cost-volume profit analysis
Read the course outline here
FMGT 1152 is offered as a part of these related programs
Need advice about the right course for you? Contact local Whistler based BCIT Program Analyst: Sonia Dhaliwal
Approved Payment Methods:
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by the following methods: Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 6 week course, Mon/Weds Evening Classes, September 9 – October 21, 17:00 – 20:00. Note that class on Monday October 14 is moved to October 21 due to the Thanksgiving long weekend.
Location: Central Whistler Village location TBC once minimum numbers are met
Register: Online – 2 step Process, opens July 2 at noon. Registration closes 26 August 2019 at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.
Courses are subject to minimum enrollment. If courses are cancelled or you withdraw, a refund will be issued automatically within 4 weeks. Refunds will be made by cheque and mailed to your address on file. Please ensure BCIT has the correct mailing address. Refund policy: up to 31 days prior to the class start date 100% tuition refund. Up to one week prior to the class start date 85% tuition refund.