- This course has passed.
Negotiation Skills (BUSA 3015)
October 22, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT$484.40
This Negotiation Skills course is designed to provide participants with a conceptual framework for preparing and conducting negotiations and to give them hands-on experience in using this framework. After analyzing the negotiation concepts, the major focus of the course will be on negotiation exercises designed to highlight a range of important issues about the negotiation process. This course will be relevant to entrepreneurs, managers, lawyers, human and labour relations practitioners and individuals in government. Excellent supplement to either Certificate program.
By the end of the course, the student will:
- Improve skills in negotiation and joint problem solving and decision making.
- Be able to analyze negotiations.
- Be able to interpret Past/future negotiating encounters.
- Gain understanding of negotiation type and effectiveness as a negotiator.
Read the course outline here
BUSA 3015 is offered as a part of these related programs
Need advice about the right course for you? Contact local Whistler based BCIT Program Analyst: Sonia Dhaliwal
Approved Payment Methods:
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by the following methods: Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 6 week course, Tues/Thurs Evening Classes, October 22 – November 28, 17:00 – 20:00.
Location: Tamwood International College, 301-4204 Village Square, Whistler, BC V8E 1H5
Register: Online – 2 step Process, opens July 2 at noon. Registration closed. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.
Courses are subject to minimum enrollment. If courses are cancelled or you withdraw, a refund will be issued automatically within 4 weeks. Refunds will be made by cheque and mailed to your address on file. Please ensure BCIT has the correct mailing address. Refund policy: up to 31 days prior to the class start date 100% tuition refund. Up to one week prior to the class start date 85% tuition refund.
Employers should investigate the B.C. Employer Training Grant which provides up to 60% e.g. $300 for a $500 course, for employers to support skills training via the federal Workforce Development Agreement (WDA) scheme.
The Community Foundation of Whistler has provided bursaries for residents. Bursaries of $300-500 are administered by Whistler Community Services Society, community members who need financial assistance with fees should request an application form from a WCSS Outreach Worker.