- This course has passed.
Managing Conflict in the Workplace (BUSA 2905)
April 2 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDT$484.40
Managing Conflict in the Workplace is a highly interactive course from BCIT designed to identify and manage conflict in the workplace. Case studies, role playing and student experiences will contribute to the development of a specific body of knowledge for contemporary managers.
To enhance existing communication skills and identify appropriate processes/techniques to prevent and/or manage conflict.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify common sources/costs of conflict.
- Examine your own response to conflict and your colleagues’ responses to conflict.
- Develop effective communication in conflict situations.
- Describe effective/appropriate responses to the resolution of issues in the workplace.
- Develop confidence, in a group setting, in discussing and presenting difficult and sensitive issues including harassment and discrimination.
- Evaluate the necessity/requirement for third party intervention.
- Developing an environment for prevention.
- Describe/apply appropriate conflict resolution models to a variety of case studies.
- Design a communication/conflict resolution program.
- Relate corporate goals/planning in the union and non-union environment.
- Utilize a risk based approach to identify opportunities for prevention of conflict.
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to email@example.com
- Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by these methods. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 12 week course, Tuesdays, April 2 – June 18, 13:00 – 16:00
Location: Whistler Chamber of Commerce Boardroom, 201 – 4230 Gateway Drive, Whistler, BC V8E 0Z8
Register: Online – 2 step Process, see below. Registration closes Monday 1st April at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.