- This course has passed.
Teamwork Skills (BUSA 2705)
April 3 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT$484.40
Teamwork Skills from BCIT provides an in-depth review of the skills required for a high performing team. This hands-on course allows students to participate in each of the stages of team development. Specific application of teamwork skills includes decision-making and conflict resolution, with real life application to a variety of organizations for performance improvement.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine the impact of management of organizations on teamwork.
- Analyze the critical elements of a team environment.
- Define team mission and vision.
- Define and clarify roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teams and develop criteria for evaluation.
- Set performance goals based on team objectives and measure team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Prepare a strategy for building the task, process, and relationship aspects of the team.
- Examine methods of valuing contributions and interactions of team members.
- Determine the degree of interdependent behaviour beneficial to team performance.
- Identify the behavioral actions necessary for building teamwork.
- Online via credit card
- Email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques issued by Canadian financial institutions only, payable in Canadian funds. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to Whistler Learning Centre and includes your student ID. Bank draft issued in Canadian funds. Money order issued in Canadian funds. Please contact the Whistler Learning Centre to arrange payment by these methods. Note: Payment must be received within 5 days of registering.
Dates & Time: 12 week course, Wednesdays, April 3 – June 19, 17:00-20:00
Location: Whistler Chamber of Commerce Boardroom, 201 – 4230 Gateway Drive, Whistler, BC V8E 0Z8
Register: Online – 2 step Process, see below. Registration closes Monday 1st April at 12 Noon. Employers wishing to register multiple students please have the students complete Step 1 before you start Step 2 because the BCIT ID is required to complete registration.
Registration Step 1: Create your BCIT Student ID
- Visit: https://secure.bcit.ca/sis/reg/
- Under the title ‘New to BCIT?’ click on button: Create BCIT ID
- Complete the form and submit
- You will receive your BCIT ID, password, student email address, and access to the BCIT portal. Be sure to save this information in a safe place for communication during your course. You will be asked to submit your BCIT ID when you pay for courses.
Registration Step 2: Register and pay for your course using the links below.
- Type the number of people you wish to register
- Input the contact details and BCIT ID for each person
- Click ‘add to cart’
- Review your order and ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Add your billing details, select your payment method, and ‘Place order’.