The Whistler Learning Centre exists to facilitate life-long learning opportunities in the mountain resort community of Whistler.
The Whistler Learning Centre is a registered Canadian charity. The centre was created to facilitate and promote learning opportunities for visitors and residents in Whistler.
The Whistler Learning Centre:
- Provides support services required by education providers to enable the course presenter to focus their time preparing course content and its presentation;
- Delivers a concierge service for educators who wish to deliver events in Whistler, connecting them with services that include learning venues, accommodations, food and beverage and A/V services, as well as sport and leisure activities;
- Promotes local educational events via our online education calendar, social media channels, and print media;
- Networks with local community groups and stakeholders to identify learning needs within the community;
- Partners with Institutions, Associations, and independent educators to bring educational events to Whistler;
- Creates a virtual campus for teachers and students using Whistler’s infrastructure;
- Promotes learning as pillar of the Whistler brand.
The Whistler Learning Centre is strengthened and succeeds through strong partnerships that support our virtual campus and concierge model.
Director, Board Chair
Steve is a registered psychologist who runs a busy practice in Whistler and
Dave Williamson is a graduate of the Faculty of Environmental Studies from the
Diana Chan is a recent entrepreneur, drawing on over 20 years of corporate
Director, Member at Large
Sue began her working career as an Occupational Therapist in her homeland, Australia.
After 23 years at Whistler Blackcomb, Doug Forseth recently retired as Vice President
Leslie moved to Whistler in 2012 following careers in Vancouver, first in physiotherapy
Originally from Ontario, Laurie worked internationally before making Whistler her home. She was
Justine Nichol is a marketing and communications professional with over 10 years of
Ex officio board member
Jack Crompton has deep roots in Whistler and is passionate about the future
Suki started her career in the UK developing and managing the production of