The Whistler Community Foundation (WCF) has generously provided bursaries for local residents who qualify and wish to participate in the 2020 Whistler BCIT courses listed below.
Bursaries of $300-500 from the WCF are administered by Whistler Community Services Society. Community members who need financial assistance with fees should follow the process below. The number of bursaries are limited and are issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- Contact a WCSS Outreach Worker (Whistler Community Services Society) to request an application form and schedule a call/virtual meeting.
- Complete the short application form and submit the completed form with information requested to WCSS.
- You will be emailed to notify you if your application has been successful. Note that there are a limited number of bursaries available which are issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- Once the bursary is confirmed, pre-register for the Whistler based course: https://whistlerlearningcentre.com/course/fall-2020-bcit-whistler/
Bursaries are only available for Whistler residents or workers taking the Whistler courses.
- 14-Sep-20 to 23-Sep-20: OPMT 1187 – Project Management Essentials, $531.31 (+$100 admin fee)
- 28-Sep-20 to 07-Oct-20: ORGB 1105 – Organizational Behaviour, $614.97 (+$100 admin fee)
- 13-Oct-20 to 21-Oct-20: MKTG 1102 – Essentials of Marketing $554.39 (+$100 admin fee)
- 26-Oct-20 to 04-Nov-20: BUSA 2005 – Principles of Management, $614.97 (+$100 admin fee)
- 26-Oct-20 to 04-Nov-20: BCST 1198 – Photography & Lightroom: Building Your Photographic Vision,$536.32 (+$100 admin fee)
- 09-Nov-20 to 18-Nov-20: BCST 1170 – Introduction to Journalism, $444.32 (+$100 admin fee)
- 23-Nov-20 to 02-Dec-20: MKTG 1352 – Digital Marketing, $665.28 (+$100 admin fee)
- When minimum student numbers for the course are met BCIT will issue you a tuition invoice for payment. Typically 3 weeks before the course starts.
- Please send email@example.com confirmation of your tuition payment. To do this log into your MyBCIT account. Click “Student Self Serve”. Scroll down to “Fee assessment, payments, and receipts” and click. Click “view/print your tuition receipt”.
- WLC will issue you an e-transfer for the bursary amount after the first day of class.